•    
  • Home
  • /The Crunch
  • /Farah denies doping, says missed tests 'simple mistakes'.

Farah denies doping, says missed tests 'simple mistakes'.

June 30, 2015 Mo Farah, Britain’s double Olympic champion has denied ever taking performance-enhancing drugs, saying the rumors and speculation which were fueled because of the two times he missed drug tests “are completely false”.

The 32-year-old track star has been under the spotlight since his coach Alberto Salazar was accused of violating anti-doping rules in a BBC documentary earlier this month, with Britain’s Daily Mail reporting that Farah had missed two out-of-competition doping tests in 2010 and 2011.

At the time, the rules meant that a third missed test within an 18-month period (now reduced to 12) would almost certainly have resulted in a ban that would have probably ruled him out of the London 2012 Olympic Games, where he took the gold in the 5,000 and 10,000 meters. He took to Facebook where he posted this statement:

“I have never taken performance-enhancing drugs in my life and I never will, Over the course of my career I have taken hundreds of drugs tests and every single one has been negative.

“I’ve fully explained the only two tests in my career that I have ever missed, which the authorities understood, and there was never any suggestion that these were anything more than simple mistakes.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*