About EbonyLife TV
Africa’s first Global Black Entertainment & Lifestyle network.
In 2013, EbonyLife TV launched the first Black entertainment & lifestyle global channel, with a mission to create and produce premium quality programming across a variety of genres. Since those early days, over 5,000 hours of original drama, talk, entertainment and factual content have been created and broadcast, forever changing the notion of what is possible in Nigerian and pan-African television and film.
In 2018, we launched a number of new initiatives:
– The Video-on-Demand (VoD) service, EbonyLife ON, in Africa, including EbonyLife ON Mobile, with selected movies and other shows available on MTN Shortz, Cloud 9 CINEMA, and Nuvu.
– Expansion of our broadcast platforms to include an additional 11 million homes across Africa on the StarTimes satellite network, channels 191 (DTH) and 189 (DTT)
– Two new series: Africa’s first legal drama, Castle & Castle, and The Dating Game – Nigeria, a format that has been a hit for 53 years around the world.
– EbonyLife Films’ latest Christmas blockbuster, Chief Daddy, with a host of Nollywood’s brightest stars.
– A three-project deal with Sony Pictures Television to develop high-quality African stories for worldwide distribution
EbonyLife Media continues to be the go-to source of dynamic, original, quality content that showcases the best of Africa to the world.
Core Values That Defines Us:
We celebrate the beauty of Africa and enjoy creating riveting contents that tell the African story from a fresh and positive African perspective. The core values that guides us are:
To be the preferred Global Network for premium African entertainment.
To create original, premium and inspiring content with an African Soul that showcases the best of Africa for a Global Black audience.