26th Aug 2014 We all love our travel, but I bet that the recent Ebola Virus Outbreak has got many of us worried. Not to worry, hotel booking site Jovago has got some handy tips for us, to make sure we stay safe on the go.
They say “Planning a holiday vacation can be really exciting, after making your hotel reservations you begin to think of all the places you want to visit and which attractions you would like to see. Sadly, the recent Ebola outbreak has become a worldwide concern. While some may believe the best response is to declare a state of emergency, – some countries have already been put on a travel ban list – it’s virtually impossible to completely halt movement. Sometimes you’ve just got to go, and we get that. Which is why it’s important to know how to protect yourself from the virus while moving around. Hmmm, so Jovago, what do we do?
Simple measures can make the biggest difference
• Always wash your hands with soap and only eat food cooked properly
• Sanitize your environment and carry a hand sanitizer with you as well; the virus cannot survive disinfectants, direct sunlight, and heat
• Although this is nearly impossible, do your best to avoid bodily contact with people on a trip, remember: Sweat is a bodily fluid
• Watch what you eat on trips, avoid roadside snacks such as kebabs and pastries as much as you can; Make sure what you eat is prepared under sanitary conditions
• Visit a health facility if you have a fever, headache, pain, diarrhoea, red eyes rash and vomiting
• Educate yourself and everyone around you about the virus – You can never know too much and every little bit you do know could be helpful to someone else
• If you notice symptoms in yourself or someone else, don’t panic and don’t delay; Report to the nearest healthcare facility immediately
• Do not play with monkeys or baboons
• Avoid fruit such as plums which bats tend to like to eat
Visit our Facebook page for the full article and make sure you use those tips so that you can stay safe as you go on your globetrotting expeditions.